Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Additional Threads

I left out part of my history, thinking the Lord would never weave that into this present ministry. Never underestimate the Lord! What did I leave out? I spent 7.5 years in East Africa, mostly in Kenya. The Lord transformed me in ways I never could have guessed, or even dreamed of. To describe that would take up more space than I have here. But how could He weave that into this present ministry? I knew He wasn't sending me back to Africa. For the past couple of months, I have been building a friendship with a West African man working at the Shell service station that I patronize. Just yesterday, I mentioned to him that I am on a job search. He said, "You could teach me English." He mentioned that he wanted to go to college and needed to improve his English. He said other Africans would probably want English instruction as well. I considered his suggestion seriously. The more I reflected on that, the more I could see God's hand in this. Who else but the Lord would open up a ministry like this to Africans in the US? To get the significance of this, you would need to know that the Lord brought many African "brothers" into my life to temporarily replace the two I'd left in the US at that time. The Lord used these brothers, and some sisters too, to bring about the needed transformation in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home