Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Matthew 10:24-25 NASB

"A disciple is not above his teacher, not a slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household!" God suffered. His disciples will, too. Expect it. Accept it. In another vein: I come from a long line of ordained ministers by the name of Maupin. Beginning with the French Huguenots, there were fourteen generations in my family line. This line has continued in other branches of the family. In my family line, the last Maupin ministers lived in my great-grandmother's generation, as far as I know. Until I came along, that is. I am an ordained Wesleyan minister. I want to be "the last Rev. Maupin" in my family line. My name is not Maupin, but I'm seriously thinking of adopting Maupin as an alias, a pen name, and a ministry name, rather than legally changing my name to Maupin. Our singing group will bear the name as well, quite possibly as Pastor Maupin's Mission. For a Bible study in the Indianapolis, IN area, or to book concerts in Indianapolis and vicinity, with local travel considered, please Email "Pastor Maupin" (Kathryn Lee) at leewardhope@yahoo.com. Concerts will be on a love offering basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home