Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Growing in Christ

Long ago, an African elder, in response to my request for advice, said, "I can't answer that for you. You must rely on the Holy Spirit within you to guide you." A number of years later, I ran into some counselors who, if you asked them for advice, and sometimes even if you didn't, would whip out their Bible and tell you what to do. I'll leave you to discern which is the most godly method. We tend to help overmuch, because we don't like to see people struggle. But the Lord works in the struggle, and we can undercut what He is trying to do if we help too much. We need to pray, and trust the Lord to work, then do what He wants us to do. I share this because the Lord is teaching a friend and me this very thing right now. For involvement, you may contact us at leewardhope@yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home