Monday, October 19, 2009

Healing

Is it appropriate to use the word "healing" when speaking of emotional and spiritual issues? I have found that most of my "healing" has come when I discover that I'm the source of my own problem. Often the roots lie in bitterness/unforgiveness, ingratitude, and wrong choices buried beneath layers and loads of other issues. I've found that when I assume responsibility for these roots, and decide to take a better way, "healing" takes place, which is another way of saying that God imparts His miraculous grace, to set me free. This does not imply beating myself over the head. My assuming responsibility opens a door for God's glorious and redemptive work in my heart. Have I been wounded? Yes, many times, and grievously so. But I'm not responsible for what people do to me. I'm responsibile for what I do with the pain. And God's overwhelmingly powerful and almost indescribable grace has been abundantly adequate every time. If this is healing, what is the disease? I would rather use the terms "transformation," "maturity," or "growth." Read about it in my book, An Exquisite Grace, coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home