Friday, October 01, 2010

The Somali Woman Revisited

Yesterday I had an opportunity to do a Swahili interpretation for a woman in a medical situation. I have interpreted for her before. Yesterday's encounter went well, for which I praise the Lord. These encounters are often difficult, because I'm so far removed from my Swahili-speaking days, and because my Swahili knowledge always has been limited. I didn't have to use Swahili that much in Africa, as most of the people with whom I worked spoke English. What was most encouraging yesterday was a good heart connection. I am seeing now that I could be an advocate for the local (Indianapolis) and growing Swahili-speaking population. The more I pondered this, the more I heard the Lord saying that I am to be "neighbor" to the woman I helped yesterday. I don't know what this will entail, but I said "yes" to the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home