Saturday, July 02, 2005

Further Developments

The Lord has been surprising me so much lately that I sense He may want to do something different in regard to the church than I originally envisioned. I do want it to be solidly Biblical, non-denominational, non-charismatic (but not anti-charismatic), non-sacramentarian (but we will practice sacraments), supportive of Bible-only counseling, not "purpose-driven," having a high view of Scripture (didactic teaching, rather than discussion - God doesn't care anything about anyone's opinion), using NASV, KJV, NKJV, and (for study only) the Jewish Bible (no paraphrases of any kind), practising hospitality and evangelism, not seeker-sensitive, not pre-trib, expecting persecution, practicing loving discipline, holding to all the basic fundmentals of the faith (the deity of Jesus, virgin birth, salvation by grace through faith, etc. - a full statement of faith will have to wait until another time). I am hoping to have traditional music as well.
Check out John 9:4 & 12:24ff, II Timothy 3:12, Acts 17:11, Revelation 12:11. Also check out worldmag.org, nanc.org, and hispeace.org in addition to the other links. I want this entire ministry to be slow-paced and low-tech (in contrast to what you see in so many employment ads). One of my first vounteers needs to be an administrative person. One of my next steps in this ministry needs to secure a board and a home for myself and the ministry. Your prayers are much appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home