Saturday, August 13, 2005

Additional Direction

I have written letters to government officials to whom I've previously written to let them know what I'm doing. Since the State of Indiana is considering faith-based alternatives to some of their services, I thought this might be an opportunity for Leeward Hope. Then yesterday I asked the Lord whether He wanted me to work with the government, as this can sometimes be a snare. This verse came immediately to mind: "The wealth of the sinner is laid up for the righteous." Proverbs 13:22b. I replied to the Lord that I'd be willing to accept the wealth of the sinner as long as I didn't have to let the sinner, in turn, tell me what to do in my home or ministry (Psalm 1:1), or be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. I can hardly wait to see what the Lord is going to do. I do believe, however, that the Lord may require me to be somewhat like George Mueller in his historic orphan ministry. Stay tuned.

5/27/11 We are no longer pursuing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home