Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Voice of Martyrs

Last Sunday evening I went with Becky Reynolds to Church of Praise in Eagletown (Westfield), IN, to pray with their group for persecuted Christians, and their persecutors. I believe this is a charismatic church, though nobody actually said that. I'm not charismatic, but I love to pray with charismatics, because they pray with such faith and boldness, and they understand spiritual warfare. I really had a good time praying with them. It's fun to pray when you pray with people like that. I'd sensed some fear before going, but went anyway. It's not always good to depend on having peace about doing something, because the fear might be from the devil, trying to keep you from doing something he doesn't want you to do. For example, the neighbor who has been harrassing me had been quiet for awhile, but the night of the prayer meeting, she started in again. She didn't know I'd been praying with that group, but the devil did. I don't like to be attacked, of course, but it's gratifying to know that I'm such a threat to the devil. I hope to be more involved with that prayer group, and with other Voice of Martyrs people locally. I'm still looking for people to be part of such a prayer group that I'd like to host in my home. I'm also consulting my advisors about a business model to use and will make a decision soon. I really need to get moving so I can start fund raising. Time's a-wastin'! Any volunteers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home