Monday, November 23, 2009

Memories

I don't have fond memories of my childhood. I'm not saying all my memories are absolutely horrible. Neither do I want anyone to feel sorry for me. I'm just telling you what it was like. We were all so wrapped up in our own little worlds, that even when we were doing things together, we weren't really connected. I used to have a bumper sticker that said "It's Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood." And it's true. The Lord started giving me memorable times when I entered adulthood, and the intensity and frequency of them has increased as I've grown older. What good are fond memories that you may not live to enjoy? I enjoy the memorable events when they occur, and cherish the memorable people when I'm with them (and even when I'm not). The Lord has given me blessings to pass on to others. That's what it's all about. Maybe a few people will remember me fondly when I'm gone. I've included many of those memories in my recently-copyrighted book, An Exquisite Grace, soon to be available as an electronic book. Other versions planned are a talking book, and a printed version. We are also planning a CD of original music, hopefully following soon after the electronic book. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home