Friday, December 04, 2009

The Lord's Simplicity

I am very serious about most things. When the Lord directs me to do something, I want to do it. Nevertheless, I think the tendency for many is to make things more complicated than they are. The Lord's directives are very simple. Recently He challenged me with a major step of faith. It's scary, but I think the real issue is that He wants me to think about certain things I do and why I do them. And He wants me to ask Him instead of assuming. It's a challenge, because I'm not used to thinking about how I think, and why I do the things in the area of challenge. The Lord is not looking for perfection of action. He's looking for perfection of heart. And He knows our frame. He remembers that we are but dust (Psalm 103:14). That's extremely comforting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home