Friday, October 08, 2010

Arminian Point. Also My "Somali Woman"

I do not believe that God actively predestines people to hell, as Calvinists believe. The reason for this is simple. The Bible doesn't teach it. "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). Clearly, man brings condemnation on himself because of his choices. Recently I have been telling you about the Somali woman who locked her children in a closet, and two of the children died. Then I told you the Lord was leading me to be a "neighbor" to a certain Congolese woman and her children, whom I met through interpreting opportunities. This week I connect with an local immigration group at a career fair where I was representing another company. This immigration group referred me to Catholic Charities, because my family of concern came under their auspices. I called CC and set up an appointment with them for next Tuesday. CC is happy to learn of my interest, and will gladly connect me with the family to whom the Lord directed me (my "Somali Woman"). Praise the Lord! "I was a stranger, and you welcomed me" (Matthew 25:35). "Faith without works is dead" (James 2:17, 20, and 26).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home