Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What Do Atheists Sing About?

Yesterday someone sent me a video clip called, "Atheist Ain't Got No Songs," by Steve Martin. It was hilarious, but I wonder where the compassion is for the lost. A line in the clip was "atheists just sing the blues." Well, what do atheists sing about? Themselves? They have nothing in their lives, no one to look up to, nothing grander than themselves to sing about. Seems kind of lonely to me. And self-centered. Maybe that's why they're atheists. They want to be their own god. Shades of Eden. A fatal perspective, if there ever was one. I have an atheistic friend. At least she says she is. I have doubts about that. I love her. she doesn't see. She's a nice person. She loves beauty, music, nature, galaxies. She loves me, too. Said I was her mother away from home. She has heard the Gospel from me and many others, but persists in her unbelief. I pray for her, but laugh at her unbelief? Never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home