Thursday, July 06, 2006

One Foot in Front of Another

I hit the ground running when my seasonal job ended and sent out resumes, made lots of phone calls, and had one interview with a temp agency. There's also a job fair this week. I also feel the Lord wants me to have a big yard sale. I know He wants me to get rid of "stuff." I'm advertising for helpers in a publication my church puts out, and have made good headway cleaning stuff out of my attic and closets. I'm looking for ways to save money, but found I'm not eligible for energy assistance in the summer, due to age and disability requirements. I'm also not sure the Lord wants me to apply for Vocational Rehab, which I find puzzling, due to other related steps I've taken in obedience to the Lord. Guidance can be a problem, even for someone who has been a Christian for 36 years. Chronic unemployment or underemployment makes it hard to keep a good attitude. One trick in regard to both guidance and attitude is to take the steps you are absolutely sure the Lord wants you to take, then trust Him. Trusting is the hard part. Last Sunday the preacher was the new head of the church counseling department. If his counseling style is as good as his message (Galatians 6:1), he could be a good influence on staff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home