Saturday, June 03, 2006

How the Lord Is Working

My pastor has been preaching a series on stewardship (an infrequent topic for him). A few weeks ago he referred to Luke 14:12-14, which is on the sidebar of this blog. After the message, I talked to him about how the Lord used those verses to prompt me to start a ministry of hospitality, how I want to do that in my new apartment, and wanted to have elders come and dedicate my apartment for that purpose. He showed great interest, even to the extent of being willing to organize the elders for that purpose, if necessary (it wasn't necessary). I had one visitor on Memorial Day, Anna, from a group home. I hope to have more visitors, with life- changing results. Another development: When I was in Africa, the Lord used the story of Israel's wilderness wanderings to let me know that I would go through a wilderness experience myself, before experiencing a life of victory. I've read that account many times since then, but as I've read it recently it really "jumped out at me." I think the wilderness experience is about over. What that means for me in the context of my current life experiences, is that I will come into a time of victory and health in this life, or go home to be with Him. Either is ok with me. I am not scared to go be with Him, if that's His will for my immediate future. Unlike Paul, I am not hard pressed. The Word of God came to John in the wilderness. It did not come to those in places of power and comfort in politics and religion in those days. The Lord has spoken to me much in my wilderness. He speaks to the lowly in desert places. Praise His Name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home