Saturday, February 18, 2006

Well, well

It looks like the agressive job search approach has the same or similar results, though it feels good initially. Maybe I'm in too much of a hurry to reach a conclusion. I like the approach of posting my resume on Intercristo. That way, only those who are really interested will contact me. I've had a total of four contacts from Intercristo, but haven't checked snail mail yet today. Contacts have included an administrative assistant position in India, a school in Indiana, a possible professorship in a secular university in any of a variety of locations worldwide, and a sort of maverick position with a group that lets the missionary create a ministry as the Lord leads on one of their mission fields. I also searched the Intercristo site and listed some groups that have mostly English teaching positions in mainly "closed" countries, as well as an Eastern European orphanage looking for workers, and some other groups. Lots of choices. I'm not pursuing the secretarial position, because I have no aptitude. I also believe that an expatriate should not hold a position that could be filled by a national. I've also done alot of reading. One amazing book, called When Christians Roamed the Earth, by Morris, Morris, Wieland, and Cuozzo, deals with issues related to the creation vs. evolution debate. It would take more space than I have to review it for you, but my conclusion is that we should take the accounts of Creation (literal six days), Fall, Flood, and Babel literally. If we don't, we have no basis for believing that anything else in the Bible is true, and we leave the door wide open for the enemy to score victories in a number of areas (cf. Scopes trial). Also, the Bible is true, not only for matters of faith a practice, but also in the areas of history, geology, science, and everything else. The Bible is true in all areas. Sound too simplistic? Read the book. Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home