Saturday, December 31, 2005

Final Entries for 2005

After a more-than-packed-out Christmas Eve service at church, I went to my brother's home in the Sheridan area. It was nice. Luke 14:12-14. He is getting the idea, but always did have a better grasp of hospitality than I. A friend had left a package there for me, so I was able to open a second gift on December 24. All of my expected guests came Christmas afternoon (CPC had a service at church in the morning). Two of my guests had trouble with my non-handicap- accessible house, so a priority for me in 2006 is to prevail in prayer for a more ministry-capable house (also for enough income to live on). One of the ladies from the group home is mostly deaf. After most of the other guests had left, she asked me if "tomorrow" was Christmas. I replied that "today" was Christmas. She looked surprised and said, "Today?" Then she started singing Christmas carols. Pretty good for a deaf lady! She loves Christmas, and still believes in Santa Claus (at 81!). I was concerned that the other lady would have an anxiety attack (common for her), due to unfamiliar guests there. That she did not was a blessing for me. It shows that some healing has taken place, and that she is comfortable with me in my home. Praise the Lord! The landlord did some very superficial repairs this week. We'll see how that goes over with the Health Dept. It's their problem now. I had another visitor over for soup yesterday. On the agenda for January is to start a ministry to the persecuted church at CPC. I'm not sure what will become of this blog page. Visits are rare. And though I poke around very lightly and slowly on the keyboard, I have suddenly become unable to open jars. So, obviously this is not healthy for me. I don't make New Year's resolutions and haven't for years. For me, every day is new in the Lord. Happy New Year. Sorry. This computer won't erase the last few letters to your right. oard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home