Saturday, December 03, 2005

What if...

Well, I heard from the Community Development Law Center. I must have been naive. Yes, they will help me, and I'm thankful for that. But I thought they would know groups I could connect with. Not so. The footwork is still mine. They also said my business plan was too vague. I didn't think it was vague. I know exactly what I want! They said I needed to include details that I couldn't possibly know, or even care about. Why have we made ministry so complex? What do I mean? Consider the following possible scenario: Jesus is planning a ministry event. Let's see... Let's plan on having 5000 men, besides women and children. How much food do we need for the event? How much will it cost? I know! Let plan a miracle! We don't have any food. A kid shows up with five loaves and two fish. Then I do this miracle and multiply the food, so that the leftovers are more than we started with! Ridiculous? Of course! Or, what about... let's heal some people. What about a man who has been paralyzed 38 years, 10 lepers, a woman with a hemorrhage, and, I know(!), a dead man I raise to life! We wouldn't have a New Testament if things happened that way. One of the characteristics of Jesus' ministry was its spontaneity! Mairacles were born out of necessity. They weren't planned! You may say, "Come on, now! This is the 21st century. No, you come on! Jesus is always the same. We don't have miracles because we plan them out of existance. Or try to stage them, like many TV "healers". God doesn't work that way. When did you ever hear of Jesus being unavailable because He and His disciples were in strategy meetings? Or the Godhead being tied up in planning sessions? No. I need to find out the next step the Lord wants me to take and do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home