Friday, October 28, 2005

Glitches & the Sweetness of Jesus

Last week my blog didn't publish. I don't know what happened. I hope blogger support has corrected the prolem. Praises: a possible live-in job. I'm waiting for a call from the lady. A possible free or very low-cost car from a Christian source; it would replace an ailing truck. A sleep-over opportunity this weekend: a welcome respite from an abusive neighbor. Prayer request: I received a letter from IRS yesterday. Due to an oversight, I owe them $1275, which I can't pay. There are options to pursue, and I 'm pursuing one. If my situation doesn't improve my savings will be exhausted by spring. For a long time I haven't been able to get a handle on the idea that Jesus is sweet. He loves me, I know. But in my experience He is stern and tough. His discipline is hard. Some comfort in that: He disciplines those He loves. It is proof that I am His child. But sweet? Lately, though, as I've struggled, He has drawn near, close, intimate, and joy has flooded my soul, though circumstances are still hard (no, impossible!). Yes, Jesus is sweet! "Oh, taste (a sweet taste) and see that the Lord is good." "He is near to those who are of a broken and contrite heart. A broken and contrite heart, oh Lord, you will not despise."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home