Saturday, October 22, 2005

Jesus Is Sweet

The landlord has called me a few times since my last post. He seems to think that he can contest the inspector's findings. I don't know whether he can get away with it or not, but that is his attitude. Someone from church helped me with a truck problem. I am very grateful for that. It has been a rough week, generally. I'm finding out something about the Lord, though, which should not be a surprise. Over the years, I've heard people testify that Jesus is sweet. I couldn't see it. Jesus loves me. I've known that for years. But sweet? What does that mean? How does it work out in daily life? It seems to me that Jesus is stern, and tough. His discipline is hard. How does that fit with sweet? Well, in the midst of my struggles, Jesus has been coming to me, getting close, "intimate," if you will, and suddenly, my soul is flooded with an unexplainable joy! Then the word "sweet" pops into my mind. Then I see. Yes! Jesus is sweet! Yes, He is! "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!" "He is near to those who are of a contrite heart. Yea, a broken and contrite heart [He] will not despise." A friend invited me to dinner with her and her husband last Sunday. We watched part of a Voice of Martyrs video. She also called me during the week with an encouraging word. Thank God for friends like her. The neighbor who is a problem is still at it. I wonder why she doesn't tire of it. She seems to have cancelled her life, other than harassing me. She has put herself in bondage to me and doesn't even know it. She doesn't see that the devil is using her. Or maybe she does. Please keep praying, and thank you for doing so. Please include this neighbor in your prayers.

5/27/11 For victory report, see updates on 6/28/05 blog. Much later, it became clear that the harassment had moved from people doing it, to the devil doing it all by himself. For victory report, see update on 6/28/05 blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home