Saturday, November 12, 2005

Hidden Blessing

It hit me this week as I've been "going through" that the Lord has given me a real blessing. My friend Becky R. and I were talking by phone, and she exhorted me to get wise counsel before making so many decisions on my own. I thought she was probably right, so I called College Park Church and left a message for the head of the counseling ministry. College Park has a great counseling ministry. One area they deal with is "wisdom" issues regarding practical areas of daily life. I certainly need that! I believe the Lord is leading me to College Park due to my need for leadership right now. No time like the present to get started! I also called my brother. He agreed with Becky. So, what is my hidden blessing? Becky. At a time when other "friends" are forsaking me and fleeing. Becky is pursuing me with friendship. She says it's because she doesn't look at the circumstances. She looks at character. A profound & refreshing compliment, if there ever was one! And a very Biblical mindset. And it's a sad commentary on the character of "friends" who run away in times of trouble. Other matters. My temporary job is over. Also the landlord lost his court case. Not a happy camper. Please keep praying. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home