Monday, March 06, 2006

News

Last Friday night I received news of the deaths of two people I knew. One was my sister-in-law's mother. There was some doubt as to whether or not she was a believer. The other was an old childhood friend, the longest-running friendship I ever had (fifty years or so. Now I'm revealing my age). His life was a struggle with disability (heart & vascular disease, & diabetes, among other things), as well as loneliness. A very nice guy. Six months before his death, his wife of about 15 years divorced him. Tell me that wasn't a contributing factor. May she repent and trust Jesus for her salvation. The family couldn't reach me, though I'd left my new number on his answering machine. So, I wasn't able to be there for him at the end. I don't blame myself for that. Now, though I can't look forward to hearing from him from time to time, I can look forward to seeing him in Heaven. He was a believer. Praise the Lord! My job and housing search continues, some interesting and challenging possibilities. May the Lord's will be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home