Friday, December 11, 2009

Does God Grade on a Curve?

No, but don't despair. His Son has done it all for us. He is not looking for perfect performance. If He did, we'd all be doomed. He's looking for a perfect heart. When Jesus said, "Be perfect," the context was love of enemies (Matthew 5:48). Faith in the New Testament means faithfulness, as well as what we normally mean by faith. In Galatians 2:20, the phrase "...faith in the Son of God" should be translated "faith of," since "of" is the word in the original manuscripts. Or it can be translated "faithfulness." So, "the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faithfulness of the Son of God," really captures what this faith-life is all about. He has done it all. I trust in Him for that. So the essence of my faith is trust in His faithfulness. I cling to that and run with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home