Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God's Blessing on My Lfe

If anyone could lay claim to non-denominational fame, it would be me. I've worshiped with Calvinists, Arminians, United Methodists, Pentecostals (mainly in Kenya, for several years), Christian and Missionary Alliance, and Wesleyans on a regular basis throughout my life, and others (Baptists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Anglicans,and non-denominational, including a variety of people of African heritage) to a lesser degree. I thank the Lord for such broad exposure to different types of Christian thinking. It has helped me study the Bible from a broad spectrum of perspectives, and to love a variety of God's people. My theology has been molded through a lifetime of suffering of many kinds, as well as by immersing myself in Scripture. I have found that debating theology has also helped me to solidify my beliefs, and appreciate my Wesleyan heritage. I am utterly amazed, and more and more stand in awe of the Lord Who clearly engineers and designs the circumstances and direction of my life. This aspect of the Lord's care of me has reached an exciting level lately. The Lord blessed me with several years of missionary service, after which He told me I would not be returning to Africa. Yet, through my work as an interpreter with Swahili-speaking refugees in my home town, the Lord is bringing Africa to me! This work is about to expand. A very observant friend of mine has said that perhaps my earlier work in Africa was a training ground for my present mission field. I agree. My one priority in life is to know God intimately and be known just as intimately by Him. With this ever in focus, life is never boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home