Monday, October 11, 2010

It Really Comes Down to TwoThings

In the debate between Calvinists, it really comes down to only two things. Four of the five points are really different versions of whether or not God can be fully Sovereign and man's will fully free simultaneously. Arminians say yes. Calvinists say no. Calvinists seem to believe letting man have a free will is a threat to God's sovereignty. But their God is too small. Nothing man does is a threat to God's sovereignty. (Both Calvinists and Arminians agree on one point - total depravity). The other basic point is whether or not God gives man anything (imputation vs impartation). Calvinists say it's imputation only. Arminians add impartation. If it's imputation only, you end up with nothing. If someone credits (imputes) money to my bank account, hasn't he/she "imparted" money to me, though it came from a source not my own? Yes! To say otherwise makes imputation a big joke, and God is not a joker! Just so with imputed righteousness. God credits righteousness to my account, and I have it. Otherwise, it's only theoretical, and God is mocking me. Faith is compatible with possession. Assuming is not faith. Assuming is guessing. My faith is not based on guesswork. And God actually gives me His righteousness (and a whole lot more). Praise His Name! "For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous" (Romans 5:19).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home