Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friend or Acquaintance?

Sometimes the Lord gives me opportunities to adjust my expectations. Friendship, to me, implies a certain amount of commitment (not measured, but you know when they're committed or not). We Americans use the term "friend" rather loosely. Acquaintances are not friends. Even acquaintances we really like. No one can force a person to be a friend. They either are or aren't. If things aren't working out in a relationship, an adjustment of expectations may be in order. Maybe they aren't really a friend. I recently adjusted my expectations for an individual. People will be who they are no matter what you do. Your/my job is not to change others. Our job is to deal with ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home