Friday, December 17, 2010

Wrestlings

You know those things we wrestle with. The wrestlings are really painful. But in the end, when we finally pass the crisis, we often find that the solution is simple. One obvious, and even silly example in my experience was a wasting time waiting for a certain person to get to the office. He seldom came when he said he would. I'd get all impatient and worked up. Then it hit me. If you don't want to waste time waiting for someone to get to the office, don't waste time waiting around for him to get to the office! Get up and and leave. Get busy doing the next thing. Wasting time is my responsibility. His lateness is his responsibility. Some things are simple! (Mine is self-employment, not an hourly situation). Not everything is that easy, but many things are. More than we'd like to admit. If I let people upset me, then I'm letting them control me. My emotions are my responsibility. Don't let others control your emotions. That's more than half the battle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home