Monday, January 03, 2011

How Important Is Having Fun?

I have abundant opportunity to observe how important entertainment is to some. Hours spent in front of the TV, frequently listening to music, eating out often. ( For many people, sports is the obsession). You would have to know the full context to get the impact of the level of devotion to which I am referring. I'd be almost offended if I went to visit someone and they offered to take me out for some kind of entertainment. Are you kidding? Profoundly adventurous living, with a supernaturally ordered agenda, immersed in His indescribably glorious Presence, in a specially created setting, resulting in astonishingly beautiful transformations, at a frightfully sacrificial cost (for both Jesus and me. My physical survival is not guaranteed), enabled by His powerfully abundant grace, underwritten by my lavishly generous Provider, for His eternal glory, and for me, life abounding forever. All of this, and you talk about some need for entertainment? Entertainment is boring. Copyright 2011 Kathryn M. Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home