Friday, June 17, 2011

Challenges

About a month ago I started having knee trouble. It has become rapidly worse. An MRI is scheduled next week. Since one knee is very unstable, I suddenly saw a need to move out of the tri-level house where I live, lest I fall on the stairs and a worse thing befall me.

I began searching online for senior apartments. I had applied for one several months ago, but had no peace about it. Some options came up, and it became clear that the Lord was leading.

The option I chose has its own caregiver agency, since these are apartments, not a facility where long-term nursing care is available. The option came with the offer of three specials, and the timing of these was truly amazing! I could choose two out of the three. I applied, and am waiting to hear whether or not I've been accepted.

I also applied and was accepted to work for the caregiver agency. I need the work, and don't intend to quit, even if it requires getting an electric scooter. Almost everyone I talk to recognizes the Lord's leading and has more faith than I do that my application will be accepted.

A member of my Sunday School class, however, thinks now might not be the right time to move, considering my new physical challenge. But the opportunity came up because of the challenge! I can't allow a challenge to keep me from an opportunity! That would be letting the challenge control me! Opportunities are often accompanied by challenges. And I think I have Biblical support.

9 "...for a door to me hath been opened -- great and effectual -- and withstanders [are] many" (1 Corinthians 16:9 Young's Literal Translation).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home