Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Basic Challenge

It's becoming obvious that I need to focus my job search on ministry. It is also obvious, in light of that, that I need to find out if my church will support me in such a venture. So I asked why there was hesitation to do that on their part. The person in charge said I'm not involved enough in ministry in church. I let that sink in. It didn't take me long to come up with a long list of instances in which I requested specific ministry opportunities, and nothing was done about it, even if there seemed to be interest initially. I also pointed out that since I hadn't received encouragement at church, I ventured out on my own, and am now busy enough to be hesitant about taking on more. I specified what I am doing, and reminded him that I am a regular fixture at missions events at church. I then let him know that I am not interested in doing anything just to be noticed. I concluded with an invitation to help me build on what I am doing. As of this writing, I am still awaiting his reply. In my 37 years of being a Christian, I have been a part of churches of a variety of sizes. Generally, the amount of busy-ness required of ministers directly corresponds to the size of the church. So, maybe the church I'm in is a bit large for my capabilities. I've thought more and more about whether or not the Lord may be leading me to another church home. Yuki continues to be a joy and a delight. She is also very honest, not telling me what I want to hear. I appreciate that about her. I can deal with her honesty better than I can someone who is always nice to me, but I'm left guessing what they think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home