Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is Your Thinking Pagan?

Yesterday I was thinking about a friend of mine, and how some of his behavior drives me nuts. I have been reluctant to say anything to him, because he has been so good to me. This issue has some history that I'll not get into, but basically one conclusion I reached was that my thinking in this matter has been pagan. If a person sins against me, the good that he does to me doesn't cancel it out, just as the good I do doesn't cancel out my sin against God. Scripture teaches us God's way to deal with people who have sinned against us (Matthew 18:15ff, Galatians 6:2). I haven't decided before God whether or not my friend has sinned against me, or whether his behavior reflects a fault, which Scripture tells me to overlook (the exact reference escapes me, but it's in Proverbs). Maybe the Lord is teaching me to trust Him and be patient with my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home