Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Open and Closed Doors

This past summer the Lord blessed me with the opportunity to be an online missionary with Campus Crusade. Now He has blessed me with a new opportunity to be a missionary to Swahili-speaking refugees locally, thus enabling me to use my knowledge of Swahili and African culture to minister in His Name. Today I learned that I've been granted membership in the Society of Evangelical Arminians - an opportunity to work online with Arminian scholars. Mind-boggling to say the least. Not long ago, doors were slamming in my face all the time (some still do). Right now I'm thinking of 1 Corinthians 1:25-27: "For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." To anyone who really knows me, this certainly fits. There have been folks in the past who have thought that because of how that passage plays out in my life, the Lord would never entrust the "true riches" to me.

11"Therefore if you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you?
12"And if you have not been faithful in the use of that which is another's, who will give you that which is your own?" (Luke 16:11-12).

But the Lord obviously has entrusted the true riches to me. I appreciate His perspective, and His trust. May He enable me to be faithful. He will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home