Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Psalm 63

I was noticing yesterday while studying Psalm 63 that King David's desire for God was almost physical. "My soul thirsts for You, my flesh faints for You in a dry and weary land where there is no water" (verse 1). Likewise, His satisfaction with God was almost physical as well. "My soul is satisfied with marrow (literally "fat") and fatness, and my mouth offers praises with joyful lips" (verse 5). Another translation uses the words "rich foods." Can you imagine loving God like that? In another place, King David said he desired God more than his necessary food. That's certainly something to meditate on, and to emulate. And God desires this from us more than our activities. Remember Martha and Mary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home