Thursday, October 14, 2010

Galatians 2:20

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me" (NASB). In the original, "faith in" is rendered "faith of". But what is the faith of the Son of God? In the original, the Greek word for "faith" also means "faithfulness." "...and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faithfulness of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Saving faith is necessary, but it is a gift from God through His prevenient grace. However, my salvation rests on the faithfulness of Jesus Christ in His death on the cross and resurrection. My faith may waver. His faithfulness never can. It is finished. My faith is trusting in His faithfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home