Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Musings from My Utmost for His Highest (Oswald Chambers)

Yesterday, in my reading My Utmost for His Highest (Oswald Chambers), something he wrote "jumped out at me." He said not to do anything on impulse (like Peter), or you will be trying to undo the consequences for a long time. Instead, he recommended to wait for the Lord to work things out perfectly in His time. But we don't like to wait, do we? Someone might actually think we are lazy. Maybe the glitches in my healing are because I want to start doing something the Lord has said (something not specifically written in the Bible), but not waiting for Him to give me specific directions. Today this "jumped out:" "No matter what changes God has performed in you, never rely on them. Build only on a Person, the Lord Jesus Christ, and on the Spirit He gives." Maybe I was relying on an experience of healing that I had not yet fully received. Instead I should be relying fully on Jesus. Regarding this healing, I think I need to "regroup" and approach it differently, relying on Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home