Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday School Is Not Just for Children

I am incredibly amazed at how the Lord leads me. Twenty two and a half years ago I was reading in my personal devotions (Numbers 14)about how the Lord consigned the Israelites to the wilderness for forty years for their disobedience and unbelief. He spoke to me through that passage, saying that I myself would go through a wilderness experience until I came to the end of myself. The wilderness has been extremely challenging, but I've grown in almost indescribable ways.

Fast forward until now. I've been teaching Sunday School(adults)in the book of Joshua. The Israelites are poised to enter the promised land. I myself am poised to go into a promised land of my own, a "land" that is more than a little beyond my capabilities. But the Lord is clearly leading me through these lessons I am teaching, as well as other means.

And this is not an isolated situation. The Lord leads me like this all the time. The Lord can lead any Christian like this. Is He leading you this way? If not, why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home