Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fresh Touches

Had a good meeting at the church Friday afternoon. The pastor in charge was very gracious, and offered to do things for me that I would never have thought to ask. Praise the Lord! Almost blew it a few days later, however. There was a huge misunderstanding between me and some people at church, and I communicated some things I never should have. One pastor was masterful in helping me see this, in his gracious, gentle, and affirming way. I'm assured of forgiveness, though one individual has not yet told me he forgives me. I have been reading The God of All Comfort, by Hannah Whitall Smith. It is a Christian classic that shows how Christians need not doubt God, or worry. God has used it greatly in my life this week as He has guided me through some hard trials. At one point tears of joy were flowing down my cheeks. Praise the Lord for His matchless and sweet ways! I did not get the job I interviewed for. Another potential one did not materialize. I turned in my cardiac event recorder. They told me it will be about a week before I hear anything. Much prayer is still needed. Am joining a multiple-person garage sale this weekend. Don't usually do this, but need the money. God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home