Friday, August 18, 2006

Hopeful

I had a job interview yesterday. It's a great place to work. Great benefits. Nice people. They will let me know by next Wednesday whether I'm hired or not. I do have serious doubts about my ability to perform the job, however. It is a very strenuous job, and I have health issues that make it questionable as to whether or not I can perform it. I also had a good meeting with some of the staff at church. They were very helpful, beyond anything I expected. The pastor who led the meeting offered to contact my vocational rehabilitation counselor to see if he could help that process along. I never thought to ask him to do anything like that. Some medical people at church can help with health needs. We discussed alot of things. Last year I had talked to this same pastor about wanting to start Leeward Hope. At that time, it didn't seem to connect with him as being anything the church might need. He had told me about someone else to contact, but that person wasn't interested. But as we discussed it yesterday, this pastor saw the need for a ministry like Leeward Hope, because the lack of a ministry like this is affecting him and other family members personally. He said the church staff is having a mini-retreat next Wednesday, and he would bring this up. He made copies of documentation I had with me yesterday. Over all, it was a very encouraging meeting. Praise the Lord! Please keep praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home