Friday, November 12, 2010

Then Who Can Be Saved?

I've been thinking about yesterday's blog. It brings up another question. If I don't believe the things expounded upon in yesterday's blog, am I ipso facto condemned? An illustration might help answer that question. I've been a believer for forty years. Jesus just now opened up this specific Truth to me. Does that mean I wasn't really saved before? No, I'm saved by faith in Jesus' blood and righteousness alone(which faith He gave me as a gift). Then why does it matter what we believe? "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). Salvation comes through the vehicle of the Truth. Our knowledge of the Truth is progressive. None of us could contain the whole of God's Truth in a lifetime, let alone in the moment we are born again. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus death and resurrection alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). But it really matters what we believe. That's why we have to stick to the Holy Scriptures. I would supply this caution. When the Lord reveals more Truth to us. we'd better obey it. Obedience doesn't save us, but it reveals our hearts. And it also helps us build a strong relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Have I totally confused you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home