Friday, January 14, 2011

Agendas Revisited

If you read yesterday's post, you may think I'm too hard on my prayer partner. She is the sort of person who deals with herself, so maybe she will let the Lord help her with this issue sometime. I was just seeing an idol in her her life, and since the Lord and I are dealing with some huge idols in my life at this time, they ave been very much on my mind. If you are guessing that I think this friend's idol is her agenda, you are correct. From my perspective, she doesn't control her agenda. It controls her. She deals with alot of anxiety, and seems harried often, which usually accompanies idolatry. I speak from experience. I'm determined to keep her anxiety and harried demeanor out of my life. Such things cling to me easily. But I don't want to push her away, so I need the Lord's great wisdom and grace. He is capable. I'm not. I keep this relationship, but not because I like it (though I appreciate her prayers). I don't like it. I keep it because I see the Lord doing something here. I already said this prayer partner deals with herself. That's an encouragement. Maybe the Lord is giving me a picture of what I used to be like, and of the patience it has taken to deal with me, so that I will be patient with my prayer partner and others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home