Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dangerous Attitude

Recently I slipped into the attitude that God owes me something when I serve Him. That's dangerous. It's almost as if I thought that I can earn merit with God. I cannot. Salvation is totally by grace through faith, and so is Christian living. Bargaining is not allowed. God is fully sovereign. Obedience is a sign that I love Him (21 "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” {John 14:21}), and it shows whether my faith is living or dead ("As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead" {James 2:26}). Are there rewards for the believer? Absolutely! Doesn't He make conditional promises? Yes, but life with Christ is still totally by grace through faith. Do I want Jesus for Himself, or do I want Him only for what He can give me? That's the big question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home