Thursday, February 03, 2011

Perfection

This week, for reasons I'll not go into, I haven't been in a frame of mind to reflect on much of anything. I thank the Lord that He is patient, that "He knows our frame; He remembers that we are but dust" (Psalm 103:14). It certainly relieves pressure to know that the perfection He requires is heart perfection. "Be perfect" was written in the context of loving ones enemies (Matthew 5). I appreciate how He works with my weaknesses, while at the same time expecting me to grow and overcome sin. I'm very thankful that He helped me overcome perfectionism of a destructive sort. His love for me is not based on my performance. Praise God! I'm thankful that what He requires of me He also gives me grace and strength to do. He bids me take His yoke upon me and learn from Him, because His yoke is easy and His burden light. This was written to those who are burdened, which includes most of us. God bless the burdened, for they (we)have a Savior Who never gives up on them (us).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home