Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Watershed Events Revisited & Knowing God's Will

If you haven't read yesterday's blog, please do so. There was some confusion about what my concerns actually were. My only concern was to determine whether or not the Lord was/is leading me to attend the retreat I mentioned. The multitude of details I included in the blog were simply an aid to understanding the many issues I face in making the decision, and for my prayer partners, an aid to praying. I have actually worked through all of the issues, and am fully convinced that the Lord is more than adequate to handle them. Another possible scenario occurred to me yesterday when I was away from the computer. It was the test case scenario. The more I considered it, though, the more I realized that my "test" occurred on Christmas Eve. That was when I "laid my idol on the altar," demonstrating to the Lord, that I really loved Him first. The Lord won't repeat test case if He has already achieved the desired outcome. Before I close, I thought I'd tell you how I determine the Lord's will in a given situation, if it isn't specifically spelled out in the Bible. I write it down in great detail, including all possible scenarios and outcomes. I'm a writer, so this method works well with me. It clears my mind, and gets my worries outside of me, where I can look at them objectively and unemotionally. The Lord guides my thinking while I'm doing this, and eventually, through His enabling, I see the situation as He sees it. I find it amazing that the Lord uses the unique gifts and abilities He has given me as tools to guide me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home