Friday, September 22, 2006

Mind-boggling

Things happen so fast that I can't keep track of them. Someone will ask me what I did earlier this week, and I have a hard time remembering. Went to a new doctor last week, and he ordered tests. Those are yet future. Problems with my truck. My glasses are now cracked, and I don't know how that happened. The unofficial word from Vocational Rehab is that I'm not eligible. It's unofficial because my counselor was out of the office. It should be official soon. How to respond. I don't think they did their homework. Some of the medical records were so old that they were irrelevant. They should have ordered new tests, but didn't. If they think I'm ineligible, disability will, too, based on the same records. Things can be done, but it takes time. Went to a job fair this week. Already have an interview next week with a company that was there. Praise the Lord! Went to a reception last Saturday for some retired missionaries who worked with Wycliffe in Papua New Guinea. I've known them for a long time. My mother knew the Mrs. before either of them were married. I saw alot of people I've known for a long time. Successful people in the world's eyes. I felt disconnected. I'm not successful in the world's eyes. It's amazing how the church often uses the same criteria for success. Sometimes it's hard to feel valued even in church. But Jesus values me. He died for me and rose again. Praise Him! I want the church to treat me according to 1 Timothy 5:1-3 (like a mother and a sister, and with dignity and respect). Also according to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, especially love is patient and kind, and is not easily provoked. I don't always feel I get that. The older ladies are nice, but seem to try to mother me. It's somewhat condescending. I don't want another mother. My mother died. I adjusted to that and am ready for someone different. I'm asking the Lord for a soul sister. I've noticed a lady named Bev. I wonder if it will be her. I'm trying to do hospitality. Becky R. came for lunch yesterday. I'm also signing up for international students and others. So many major changes and decisions. The Lord is adequate for these things. I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home